Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Christmas Cake, Part Two: Just try not to think about it.

I get kinda weird around my birthdays...

Basically I'm constantly in a state of emo-bullsh*t-limbo between THIS;
AND THIS;
 Also this;
But that's enough meme-ing for now.

Between work, grad school, and the pathetic social life I'm currently allowing myself to have, I have absolutely zero time to screw around. That being said, life's a roller coaster...

So DISTRACTION is the name of the game. And I've got lots. Aside from actual human beings in my life, I have other, less healthy (and kind of Japanese-specific) ones. For example, my shoe collection. Something I have in common with Japanese women is the love of heels. I've been collecting shoes since I was a little girl. I love shoes. It's possibly the girly-est thing about me. About 6 months ago, there was a horrible fire that destroyed my shoe collection back in Canada. I lost about 30 pairs of shoes. But I'm trying to move on- slowly creating a new, MORE AWESOME collection. For example, these are my summer shoes;
Flats are for suckers.

And then of course, there's the more normal, everyday distractions. Like the SHINY. I do live in Shinjuku, after all...

 Mr. Robot says EAT YOUR MOTHER F*CKING VEGETABLES... or else.
 Pierce Brosnan joins the Gaijin Celeb ranks... Selling juice...?
 
Leo says "I'm gonna punch you in the face with this $10,000 watch"...
 New friends in Kimonos...
 So... Shiny...
 I heart Robot...
 Look closely- this is an ACTUAL CLASS I had to teach. Say "loose bowels" with a straight face. Now do it in front of 20 high-school kids...
 A Japanese Pop star/ Fashion model. She's absolutely bat-sh*t. I think I'm in love.
Japanese classical theatre...
Salmon onigiri (Rice ball)...


 Loove? Louvre? Is this joke deliberate?
 A late night of playing "let's find the straight guy in the picture"...
 I... have no words for this.
 Sushi. It's what keeps me going.
 Oh hey, I didn't see you there...
 HA. Ha. HAHAHAHAHA.
 Na na na na na na na na... Vivian?


So things are probably only going to get weirder in the next couple weeks. But until then,


Oyasumi!


2 comments:

  1. Robot Robot....where have I seen that sign? Did you go to Nakano Broadway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap. I'm am so thoroughly impressed with you! Yes!
    That sign is a super tiny thing hidden on the second floor of an obscure little mall near my apartment. You, sir, are fantastic. And INCREDIBLY observant. *fist bump*

    ReplyDelete